Halo Global is a reseller of SSE and a Managed Security Service Provider for SSE where we offer full design, configuration, deployment and 24/7 support.
Companies are facing challenges with remote work, cloud computing, and other issues as they continue to digitally transform their businesses. For today’s wider range of applications and data, traditional perimeter protections, VPNs, and simple access management are not sufficient.
Security Service Edge allows enterprises to migrate their security functions to cloud computing by integrating a range of cloud-based security tools in one platform. It combines Firewall-as-a-Service (FWaaS), Secure Web Gateways(SWG) and Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB). This provides a secure policy framework that allows users to access the general internet as well as corporate applications, whether they are hosted in the cloud or delivered via SaaS.
SWG provides reliable protection against malicious web traffic, and strong controls to regulate user behavior. It protects data stored in private applications that are accessed through the SaaS and cloud interfaces.
CASB offers access control, authentication and single sign-on. It also authorizes, authorizes, encryption, and monitors. It prevents sensitive information being accessed by unapproved personnel and is responsible for data loss prevention.
ZTNA is a combination of policy-based security, adaptive security, and context-aware enforcement. It supports secure access necessary for digital transformation. It allows private, secure access to any device from any device.
SSE is a cloud-based service that provides unlimited scalability, high resilience and an attractive solution for many companies. You can deploy it as a standalone solution, or integrate with an advanced SDWAN to create a complete SASE configuration.
Halo Global partners with the TOP 3 SSE and Zero Trust providers to provide our customers an agnostic approach to the product selection life cycle.
What are the four core security service edge components?
1) Security must track data from various sources
2) Security must be able to decode and analyze cloud traffic
3) Security must provide adaptive data access
4) Security can’t slow down the network
SD-WAN services provide advanced networking capabilities, traffic management and better application performance for distributed organizations. Secure connectivity is possible with SD-WAN, which is one of the core components in the SSE architecture.
CASB services provide visibility and control over cloud applications, helping organizations enforce security policies, monitor user activity, and protect sensitive data in the cloud.
SWG services protect users from web-based threats, enforce corporate policies, and provide URL filtering capabilities. They ensure that all web traffic complies with security policies and is free from malware and other threats.
FWaaS delivers next-generation firewall capabilities in the cloud, providing advanced threat protection, application visibility, and granular policy control across the organization’s network.
ZTNA services provide secure access to applications and resources based on user identity, device posture, and contextual factors. This approach ensures that only authorized users and devices can access sensitive data and systems.
DLP services help organizations identify, monitor, and protect sensitive data across their networks, cloud services, and endpoints. DLP tools can prevent unauthorized data access and transmission, ensuring compliance with data protection regulations.
SIEM services combine and analyze security events from multiple sources to enable organizations to detect and respond more effectively to threats. SIEM tools provide real-time visibility of potential security incidents and can support automated response workflows.
MSS providers offer comprehensive security management, monitoring, and response services for organizations looking to offload some or all of their security operations.
1) Integrated Security and Networking: SSE combines software-defined wide area networking (SD-WAN) capabilities with robust security features such as firewall, intrusion prevention, data loss prevention, and secure web gateway. This integration simplifies network management and increases efficiency.
4) Centralized Management: With a single-pane-of-glass management interface, SSE enables IT administrators to easily configure, monitor, and manage network and security settings. This reduces complexity and helps businesses to maintain better control over their networks.
7) Remote Workforce Support: SSE facilitates secure access to enterprise resources for remote and mobile employees, ensuring a consistent and secure user experience regardless of location. This is particularly beneficial in today’s increasingly distributed work environment.
2) Cloud-native Architecture: SSE leverages cloud-native infrastructure to provide scalability, flexibility, and faster deployment. Enterprises can quickly adapt to changing business needs and seamlessly expand or contract their network capacity as required.
5) Enhanced Security: SSE provides advanced threat protection, incorporating features like sandboxing, real-time threat intelligence, and zero-trust network access. This holistic approach to security helps enterprises protect their critical data and infrastructure from ever-evolving cyber threats.
3) Improved User Experience: By optimizing and prioritizing network traffic, SSE ensures better application performance, minimizing latency and packet loss. This results in a higher quality experience for users, whether they are employees or customers.
6) Cost Savings: By consolidating multiple network and security functions into a single solution, SSE reduces the need for multiple point products, lowering hardware, software, and maintenance costs. Additionally, SD-WAN capabilities enable better use of available bandwidth, leading to potential cost savings on network infrastructure.
Finally: a provider that actually delivers on what they say. Their client-first approach is such a relief compared to directly dealing with internet and SD-WAN providers. Halo’s attention to detail is refreshing, and they know how to communicate risk so a client can make informed business decisions. I highly recommend Halo Global as a managed SD-WAN solution provider.
Contact us to review the solutions that best fit your business needs